Today's featured writer is Lynn Romaine. She's here today to tell us about what she's working on. Hi Lynn and welcome!
We can't wait to hear about your WIP so we're jumping right in.
1. What is the working title of your next book?
THE UNEXPECTED LIFE OF SONNY BETANCOURT
2. Where did the idea come from for your book?
A friend was musing about what it might be like to kill someone, get away with it and then live with that lie for years and years.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Romantic Thriller - despite the blurb I pasted in, it is a story about love and relationship as well as suspense.
4. What is your synopsis or blurb for this book?
Well here's prologue - I have no synopsis or blurb yet:
The blood pooled at my feet in seconds, black in the colorless cold night. One of them moaned once, or maybe sighed. I backed away, or I think I did, not even noticing the weapon I dragged with me. Two steps out the door, I dropped the hammer and ran.
5. What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Perhaps Noomi Rapace but then it would have to be Swedish since she has an accent. I suppose it could work since it takes place in very rural Canada. Male - I can't think of one I might like - has to be a bit older - 45 - and no one comes to mind.
6. Will your book be self-published, or represented by an agency?
My other five books have been published through small presses since 2004, but I am trying my hand at indie publishing with this one, targeting June 2013.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Three years and a half! Yes, that's right - I got stuck in the middle and only recently finished first draft.
8. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
As above, my friend who had the idea.
9. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I think perhaps the recent best seller by Jennifer McMahon, The One I Left Behind.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
It takes place in Winnipeg, Canada which could interest some, has some good sexual tension and ends good.
11. Who will you host on your WIP blog hop?
Thanks Lynn and best of luck to you when your fourth novel, BLIND SPOT releases! Be sure to check out her website to find out more about BLIND SPOT.