Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Second YES!

The ink's still wet on the contract, but hey...that it exists blows my mind! Turquoise Morning Press has added Mediocre Me to their list of amazing authors!!!

I am so stoked about this. My awesome writer buds directed me to this website and I'm so thankful they did. This place is nothing but fun! Fun reads, fun authors, fun conferences!! I am so proud to be a part of it. I'm already planning to meet Julie Lindsey and Jenni Anderson at conference next year! This is huge for me. I love these writers so much because I've learned so much from them. They've lifted my spirits, kept me going, even sent me little prizes. Who doesn't love prizes???

HALLO is still in edit stage (ugh) so I needed something for the back burner. I pounded out my Taryn story for TMP's After Happily Ever signature line following their guidelines. It was my first attempt at romance, but I guess being part girl helped! I sent in the novella with a synopsis and after some revisions, the amazing editor for that line said YES!

I signed the contract, editor sent me the rockin' awesomest welcome email you've ever seen and then I blasted Twitter and Facebook! EEEEEEEP!

Best of all...People are beginning to look at me like, "Maybe there's something to all that time she spends behind the computer and yapping my ear off about writing and writers." There is indeed.

I'm living my dream and THAT, my friends, is what it's all about.

16 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Congratulations. :-D Continue to live the dream, you can never go wrong when you follow that path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. This is just the beginning so fasten your seatbelt, it's gonna be a wild ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First let me scream it from my rooftop: You are NOT mediocre. You Are Ah-Mazing! You are the most fabulous author <-- let that sink in would ya? Author author author :) Whee!!!
    I'm so proud to know you and I will be praying you make it to Ohio next year! Meeting you would totally make my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats lady! I am equal parts excited for you and proud of you! YOU ROCK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Welcome to our wonderful crazy family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you. Wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! This post made my day a little brighter and gave me encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaaw, see! You ROCK! *thumb, index finger, pinky* Though, I'm not quite sure why you're so shocked...things like this are SUPPOSED to happen to people like you! Congratulations sweet potato! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do believe that I'm in the halfway point to Ohio. I'm smelling a road trip! Come pick me up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, congratulations! Not many people are living their dream.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! You guys make me bounce, squeal and blush. I'm so excited and I love every single one of you! Thanks so much for your awesome words of encouragement and praise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to TMP. My first book is now in the editing phase. I can't wait to meet everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!! I am so excited!! I know someone that is destined to be famous!!! I hope that your sweet husband and kids know what a treasure they are sharing thier life with!!!!! Way to go!!! Can't wait to read the books that you write!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the contract! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete