Sunday, October 24, 2010

Still Workin' Toward The Big P!


Five new queries for HALLO were sent today to various agents and I have to admit that my stomach wasn't tied in quite as many knots this time-although I definitely will not need coffee to stay awake!  I have learned so much along this journey and almost every second I've spent researching and learning has helped me tread this path. Well...almost every second.  There were those posts on Twitter and FB this week about pumpkin pie and taco soup.   ;)

And thank goodness for Twitter and Facebook!  I now have a reading buddy in Australia!  THAT just gives me chills, it's so exciting.  I love it.  Her name is Melissa Gannon and she is uber AWESOME.  We're reading Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  It's giving me chills, too!

Back on track now, I hope the countless hours on the computer will pay off soon and I'm keeping in touch with all my writer friends as I continue to soak up every ounce of information I can in hopes of publication some day.  So...until I can start scheduling book signings, I'll keep reading and writing and honing my skill.  And praying, posting, hoping, surfing, wishing, tweeting, dreaming, scheming, and yearning.

Let me know if you have great advice for me, a similar story, or just a word of encouragement.  I would appreciate it!  Did I mention I have a reading buddy in Australia???  All my writer luv to u Mel!   :)

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! Will keep my fingers crossed. So glad your my reader buddy - someone other than my mum is always awesome :D I have to say I LOVE The Hunger Games, so much better than I expected it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the querying! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lauren and Mel!!! I hope, hope, hope it turns into something. If not, it'll be round three! :)

    Mel, I am loving it too! Was six minutes late to work today b/c I stayed up reading...too good to put down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck for the big P! Saw your office rant and have to say I agree with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gargimehra,
    Thanks for the comment...and for stalking my blog. I love it!! Have you recovered from those festivals? I can't wait to hear all about them. As for the office rant, I was just having a moment...I'm back to cartwheeling now! Talk to you later!!

    ReplyDelete